- The Cell will deal with the cases / complaints of sexual harassment and any other
type of harassment of the female students, teaching and non-teaching women staff
of the college.
- The Cell shall process all the individual complaints and take immediate suitable
- The Cell will provide assistance to the Faculty/Colleges for taking preventive
steps in the matter of gender discrimination and sexual harassment.
- The Principal will be the Chairman of the Cell and may appoint members of the
- The Cell may form / review the guidelines / policy for redressal of the grievance
as required from time to time, which may be in accordance with those issued by
Supreme Court and Government Agencies.
- Any women employee or female student will have the right to lodge a complaint
concerning sexual harassment against a male student or the employee of the
institute by writing a letter or putting the complaint in the Principal’s office.
- The complaint will be afforded full confidentiality at this stage.
- After receiving the complaint, the chairman shall convene the meeting of the cell.
- The chairman will appoint investigation committee, Coordinator will convene
- The investigation committee shall then decide the course of action to
- The complaint will stand dropped if in accordance to the committee the
complaint has not been able to disclose prima-facie an offence of sexual
harassment by complainer /her representative.
- In case the investigation committee decides to proceed with the complaint,
the wishes of the complainer shall be ascertained and if the complainer
wishes that a warning will suffice then alleged offender shall be called to the
meeting of the committee, heard and if satisfied that a warning is just and proper, he
will be warned about his behaviour and non-occurrence of it. In case the complainer
requests that the complaint should be proceeded with beyond mere a warning, the
same may be proceeded with in the manner prescribed hereafter.
- If the complainer wishes to proceed beyond a mere a warning to the accused, the
accused shall be given in writing by the investigation committee an opportunity to
explain within one week why he should not be, for good and sufficient reasons, be
punished for the act of sexual harassment on his part.
- If the written explanation of the accused is not found to be satisfactory or if he
does not provide any written explanation, the investigation committee will decide
whether the offence deserves a minor penalty or a major penalty.
- In the event that the investigation committee deciding that the accused be
imposed a minor penalty, the said penalty will be recommended by the investigation
committee to the chairman of the cell for decision.
- If the investigation committee comes to a conclusion that the accused in case if his
guilt proved, should be imposed a major penalty, it shall make a recommendation of
action. If the accused is an employee, he may be placed under suspension under the
provisions of act.
- If a person is charged with physical molestation or rape on college / society’s
premises, he shall be immediately placed under suspension pending the completion of
the investigation and enquiry. Appropriate actions can be initiated as per the laws of
Indian penal code.
- Any member of the institute fraternity (student/employee/outsider related to
institute) found guilty of sexual harassment shall be liable to be punished. This shall
be subject to the same penalties for major or minor misconduct as prescribed under
government/ university rules.
- A student guilty of sexual harassment shall be liable for any of the following
- Warning or reprimand.
- Suspension from university/ college for a period of one month.
- Debarment from appearing for the examination for a period up to three
- Rustication from the university as the case may be.
- Any other punishment as defined by the government/ university act.